If you already have Clippings installed, it will be upgraded for you if automatic extension updates are enabled. Otherwise, open Add-ons Manager (Tools → Add-ons), then right-click on the entry for Clippings in the list of installed extensions and choose Find Updates.
- Bug fix: Creating a new clipping from the New Clipping dialog doesn't work when added to a new folder created from the same dialog (issue #148)
- Bug fix: In Clippings Manager, copying a folder doesn't copy its clippings and subfolders (issue #145)
- Improved the error messages that appear when Firefox privacy settings are too restrictive, preventing Clippings from working correctly
- The "Check spelling" setting in extension preferences is now enabled (it was previously disabled and there was no way to change it). Turning off this setting will turn off spell checking of clipping contents in Clippings Manager and the New Clipping dialog
Things You Should Know About
Clippings 6 has most of the features from version 5.x, although there are a few which are not available; most notably:
- Adding or editing color labels on clippings
- No prompts for placeholder values are displayed when pasting a clipping containing placeholders. Does not affect built-in placeholders (e.g. for the date)
- Due to WebExtensions being restricted from using any keyboard shortcuts that start with CTRL + ALT, the keyboard paste key has now changed - it is now ALT+SHIFT+Y (Cmd+Shift+Y on macOS).
- Clippings won't work in Private Browsing mode, or if the browser privacy settings are too restrictive. Your clippings will not be accessible, and new clippings cannot be created.
- If there were labels on clippings in the imported data source, they will be brought over to Clippings 6 with the import; the color labels will appear on the Clippings context menu. However, labels cannot be edited for existing clippings, or added to new clippings. This will be fixed in a future release.
Help and Support
Known issues with Clippings 6 are listed here.
Questions and comments about Clippings should be directed to the AE Creations Help and Support forums, hosted on Google Groups.