This beta release is intended for early adopters who crave the latest and greatest. Users not comfortable trying out pre-release software and tolerating its inevitable bugs should stick with version 22.214.171.124 for now.
What's New in Version 2.0
This list includes the new features that were introduced in beta 1.
- Integration with the new Firefox Australis user interface
- Visual refresh of the 20 built-in Panic Button toolbar icons
- Redesigned extension preferences dialog
- Customizable shortcut key - new in beta 2
- Customize the Panic Button toolbar button icon by right-clicking on the button and then selecting the desired icon from the Select An Icon panel. Available on Firefox 29 and newer; not available on Mac OS X - new in beta 2
- Bug fix: Make it work with Private Browsing mode (issue #1)
- Bug fix: Panic Button icon is too big when toolbar button placed on browser navigation bar (issue #5) - new in beta 2
- Bug fix: On Firefox 29 (Australis), toolbar icon selection and custom caption is not saved when placed on the menu panel (issue #6) - new in beta 2
How to Get It
Head over to the Panic Button page on the Mozilla Add-ons website, then scroll to the bottom and expand Development Channel. Click on the yellow "Add to Firefox" button to install it.
Help and Support
Send your questions and comments to the AE Creations forums. If you wish to report a bug, you may do so in GitHub; you will need a GitHub account if you don't have one already.