What's New in Panic Button 2.0
- Integration with the new Firefox Australis user interface
- Updated appearance of the 20 built-in Panic Button toolbar icons (Linux users on Firefox 28 or older will still see the old icons)
- Redesigned extension preferences dialog
- Customizable shortcut key for invoking the Panic Button action. Choose from any of the function keys (F1 to F12), as well as the arrow keys, Page Up and Page Down, and a few others. These can be combined with modifier keys; e.g., Ctrl+Shift
- Instantly customize the Panic Button toolbar button icon by right-clicking on the button and then selecting the desired icon from the Select An Icon panel. Available on Firefox 29 and newer; not available on Mac OS X
- Now works when the browser is in Private Browsing mode. When the browser session is restored, the windows retain their Private Browsing status
How to Get It
Panic Button 2.0 is available from the AE Creations website, or from Mozilla Add-ons.
If you already have an older version of Panic Button installed, it will be upgraded for you if automatic extension updates are enabled. Otherwise, open Add-ons Manager, then right-click on the entry for Panic Button in the list of installed extensions and choose Find Updates.
Help and Support
Questions and comments about Panic Button should be directed to the AE Creations forums, now hosted on Google Groups.