- Integration with the new Firefox Australis user interface, currently in alpha testing
- The auto-incrementing placeholder reset menu now appears in the Clippings submenu of the browser textbox or message compose context menu, instead of the context menu on the Clippings icon
- Bug fix: Placeholder prompt does not appear if the placeholder name contains special characters (issue #2)
- Cosmetic improvements to the Clippings Manager user interface, especially on Mac OS X (issue #1, issue #8)
- Removed the option to export to Clippings 1.x format (issue #3)
- New extension icon for the Add-ons Manager listing
How to Get It
Clippings 4.1 is available for download from Mozilla Add-ons, or from the Clippings website.
If you already have an older version of Clippings installed, it will be upgraded for you if automatic extension updates are enabled. Otherwise, open Add-ons Manager, then right-click on the entry for Clippings in the list of installed extensions and choose Find Updates.
Users of Portable Firefox or Portable Thunderbird: Starting with Clippings 4.0/4.0.1, the default location of your clippings data source will be the Portable Firefox or Portable Thunderbird profile folder, which is usually located on your portable media (e.g. USB thumb drive). As a result of this change, the "Portable Edition" of Clippings is not needed anymore, and is no longer available.
Help and Support
Questions and comments about Clippings should be directed to the AE Creations forums, now hosted on Google Groups.